The Society is a membership organisation having over 1,500 members world-wide. We exist to educate people in family history and to help each other with research. The following are some of the benefits of membership:
- Members receive a free copy of our journal "Origins"(On-line members will receive a pdf version)
- Free attendance at Society meetings which are held at three venues in the County
- Access to members only library services
- Free "look up" service at the Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies
- Access to over 300 articles available to members only in this website.
- Use of our "members only" mailing list
- Contribute to our "Members' Interests" database (which holds names, dates, locations of people you are researching). This database is accessible by all visitors to this site. See Members / Members' Interests in the menu.
- Access to "members only" items in the website forums
- Access to back issues of "Origins" magazine online (where available)
Our membership year is from 1st January to 31st December. Anyone joining in October or later will be joining for the following year - getting up to 3 months of the current year free!
If you would like to join, please use the link 'Buy Membership On-line'. There is no direct access to parish records on-line for members.
Are you researching your ancestors in Bucks? If so, do you know if anybody else is researching the same name/s ? All visitors to the site may search our Members Interests database to see if they can make contact with one of our members who shares their interest. Members may register their interests by using this form
Are you researching your ancestors in Bucks? If so, do you know if anybody else is researching the same name/s ? All visitors to the site may search our Members Interests? database to see if they can make contact with one of our members who shares their interest.
Making Payments to the Society
Please send your subscriptions, order for books or publications or for searches to the address specified. If what you are requesting specifies more than one address then your full request can be sent to any of the addresses listed. Many items are available in our shop at http://shop.bucksfhs.org.uk including vouchers for searches and membership as well as parish register transcripts and other items.
Cheques should be drawn on a U.K.clearing bank and made payable to Buckinghamshire Family History Society.
Sales are covered by the Consumer Protection (Distant Selling) Regulations 2000